Tuesday, September 1, 2009

And on the seventh day ShallowGal realized why on vacation her 4 year old kept asking her if a shark would eat him

Alternate title: SG pimps out her 4 year old to avoid writing about the very sad feelings she has today, in no particular order: about her child (1) with a host of attentional and behavioral issues and now suffering from nasty side effects from psychotropic drugs, SG's first foray into the exciting world of IEPs, and her friend whose husband is leaving for Iraq on her birthday. (2,3)

But that title was a grammatical nightmare, even if SG did spell psychotropic correctly on her first try.





Ah, camp songs.


1) Who has requested, and shall receive, anonymity.
2) The friend's birthday, not SG's birthday. Not that it really matters when your husband is leaving for Iraq.
3) When SG texted PCSguy this news, PCSguy asked, and I quote, "Why?"

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with IEP. I feel like we have the worse case manager ever (Katie gets speech and OT) and her speech therapy is a joke. After 6 months in early intervention and 1 year in township pre-school I have put her in private speech lessons for the past summer and FINALLY I am seeing some improvement. The township speech is a joke. It's all small group and doesn't deal with her specific issues at all. If I've learned nothing else it's that I need to be more on the ball and start making more phone calls because getting good speech therapy did make a dramatic improvement. Good luck!

Marinka said...

I love your kids.

Stimey said...

So cute.

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend's husband. That's really rough.

I'm also sorry about the side effects of the drugs. Let me know if you ever need any help with IEPs. It can be rough, so let me know if you need any support, emotional or otherwise.

{sue} said...

Somehow, 4-year olds can smooth over a lot of the rough edges in life. I think everyone should have one. (Although I'm not sure I would want one to do CPR on me!)

Good luck with the drugs and the IEP. That part of motherhood is a big bummer, although at least there is lots of company on the ride.

Beth said...

Ack! A lot of stuff going on there.

Your kids are adorable.

country mouse said...

Oh ick. Deciding on whether or not to use the drugs and which is worse--side effects or not using the drugs at all . . .

I have nothing to offer but {{hug}}

dpaste said...

I am so in love with Eli.

Hang in there with the other stuff.

Gayle said...

Aw - how cute!! I am sorry that you had a tough day. Understandable, though. :(