I once read that you should first ask what they think and work from there. Eli provided the following information:
- The baby will come out of Miss Judy's ear.
- Eli has 2 dogs in his belly which will also come out his ear.
- The plan is to keep one of these dogs and trade the other one in for an actual baby.
- Boys cannot have babies which is why he needs to gestate a extra dog to use for trade.
Miss Judy, having significantly more experience with four year olds, simply answered that the doctor would help the baby get out. Eli shot me an annoyed look and nodded wisely.
With any luck he will remember that all future questions on the topic should be addressed to Miss Judy.
1) These quirky things were way cuter when he was 3. Right?
2) My friend Pia explained the basics to her kids when they were 5 and 7. Her daughter was appalled. "You did that with daddy?" she whined. "Duh," replied her brother "Twice."