2) Happen upon recipe for Oreo brownies. Become obsessed with these brownies based solely on the photos.
Food porn stolen from this awesome blog(1)
3) Find Oreos on sale at Safeway. Consider it a sign from G-d that you
4) Buy top shelf chocolate chips. Borrow a double boiler. Clear calender for entire morning to give brownies the attention they deserve.
5) Remember that last night, while making popcorn shrimp, the oven started getting all smokey and set off the fire alarm. The one that is hard wired to the fire station. Clean the oven (3) to prevent a repeat of that fun. Not that SG doesn't enjoy visiting with firefighters. But. must. focus.
6) Start lining up all the ingredients. Discover that there is only one stick of unsalted butter in the refrigerator (4) Wonder why G-d is toying with me today.
7) Look in downstairs freezer for butter. Find these:
This will free up SG's morning to study theology and food photography
8) Bank on Pia not reading my blog today. Thaw brownies and move to platter. Serve and enjoy.
1) I also blame her for my obsession with this brownie pan.
2) SG is constantly looking for signs from G-d about why she is on this Earth and is a little annoyed that he wasted a sign on this.
3) 'Clean the oven' is shorthand for 'take a wet paper towel and wipe all the black crap off the oven floor' If you have a better way, I'd love to have you come over and demonstrate.
4) Butter was the first ingredient, making it a very short line.