Monday, June 30, 2008

Alaska: Kid tested, ShallowGal approved: Part 2

Lordy SG loves that pathetic title.

Anyway before Blogger had it's little nervous breakdown last week (1), we were talking about what the kids enjoyed most about Alaska.

Noa's highlights:

On the cruise, they made this dessert called the love boat dream and it was so yummy. I had it every night.

The love boat dream was a heart shaped brownie covered with chocolate mousse, served with raspberry coulis and a mint leaf which Noa generously shared. The mint leaf, I mean. She was more than happy to let you have her mint leaf.

One night I ordered my own love boat dream just to see what all the fuss was about and it tasted like a sponge. But my kids aren't known for their sensitive palate. On our last cruise Jake ordered jello every night.

Noa also enjoyed the flight-seeing. In fact she helped move the plane.

I can't get this child to put away her socks and all of a sudden she's willing to help move the plane.

Noa decided she wants to fly a little plane around Alaska when she grows up and has generously offered me a $5 discount. (Good only in the off season.) (2)

Ask Jake about Super Mario Galaxy and you'll get eleven straight hours of commentary, but this is all he'll say about Alaska:

I liked the flightseeing and I liked camp.
Flightseeing we covered. Camp was a large room filled with other 10 year old boys who played xbox.

In summary my kids enjoyed Alaska but also would have apparently enjoyed equally a trip to a strip mall that had a Best Buy and a mediocre bakery. But then we wouldn't have seen stuff like this.

Early June is waterfall season. Who knew?

Or this:


FYI, bring your own diet coke to the Yukon.

And definitely not this:






Even ShallowGal isn't going to ruin that picture with a flippant caption.

Bottom line: Alaska. Worth traveling 30 hours with three kids. (3)

1) Blogger is possibly even more unstable than I am. All this WARNING ! UNABLE TO CONTACT BLOGGER ! Very stressful.
2) I should probably get it in writing.
3) For real. We left Monday at 8 am and got home 2pm Tuesday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that last photo.
Just beautiful! What a great place to visit.


peace
#2

The Jet Set Girls said...

Keep the pix and stories coming!

Stimey said...

I drove seven days to get to Alaska with a 10-month-old and two cats. And then, because I didn't learn my lesson, I drove seven days away from Alaska with a 22-month-old and a two-month-old.

Want me to make your next travel plans?