Friday, October 24, 2008

ShallowGal thanks heavens there is no blogging ethics panel. Yet.

Hope you haven't finished your Christmas shopping yet (1), because SG has found the perfect gift for everyone on your list.

It's a Bilibo. In yellow.


ShallowGal had written a phenomenal piece about the brilliant minds that brought us ABBA and IKEA kind of dropping the ball on this one, when her fifth grader informed her that Sweden and Switzerland are two entirely different countries. Fine. SG expected more from the country that gave us fondue.

But you can see where SG might be confused since one of the ways you play with this toy is such:


And when one thinks of turtles, naturally this comes to mind:



Now it's entirely possible that ShallowGal is underestimating this toy. If someone would like to send SG $27.99 she will take that money and use it to invent a time machine. Then SG will go back to the exact moment she wrote this post and this time ask for $8000 instead to take a Northern European cruise to Sweden to investigate this toy in it's native habitat. Because if some sucker will finance lunacy, ShallowGal wants to be first to take advantage.

Online reviews praise the Bilibo because it encourages children to be creative. Coming from the mother of a child who wanted to name her baby brother "Johasphat Macaroni Head" and has sixteen imaginary friends all named Bert, imagination may be overrated.

Now if the nice people of Sweden, Switzerland want a fair and balanced review of this toy, please feel free to send me three Bilibos and $8000.(2) For a regular review, you can just send the toy. I guarantee that with my almost four dozen readers a day, I can help beef up your Wikipedia article.

On a totally unrelated note, ShallowGal has invented a new toy herself. It's called a mixing bowlborkborkbork.

Retail price: $8000. Fruit not included.

1) Dude. I've been done for weeks.

2) Actually that works out nicely because you can hide the money in a secret Alps account. Isn't that another Swiss perk?

11 comments:

BOSSY said...

The fruit doesn't come with? Oh well then, forget it.

{sue} said...

At first glance, I thought the Bilibo was some sort of ergonomic bedpan. And I'd be really afraid that my kids might think so too.

country mouse said...

Isn't that this guy's hat?

country mouse said...

damn . . . my coding is bad . . . it was supposed to be this dude:

http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/dumb_donald.jpg

Anonymous said...

I totally want one for my 17 year old daughter. As a contraceptive. No dude is gunna want to go near her with that on her back.

OR OMG! Is that a Diva Cup?

I'm Julie said...

There is nothing my kids like more than hanging out with mom and dad and playing a rousing game of "Turtle."

Momma Trish said...

I thought it was some kind of tree swing. Shows how much I know.

Rhea said...

hahaha That is the weirdest toy I've seen in a while. It looks like the cross between a bed pan and toddler swing. It's disturbing.

Deidre said...

I used to work in children's bookstore/toy store - and we sold a lot of them. Which I always found awkward

dpaste said...

Great to meet you Saturday. I loves me some Swedish Chef.

Jacqui said...

I remember seeing an ad for this showing it's versatility. You could sit in it and make it spin or wear it as a hat. It won awards. Crazy. But hey... my kid can spend hours playing with a spray bottle.