Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Zappo-versary to ShallowGal

On November 29th 2007 ShallowGal bought some boots. And just when she thought the day was going to pass by completely without any commemoration, the following e-mail arrived:

One year ago, you ordered the following product from Zappos.com:

La Canadienne Blanche - Cherry Crinkle Patent - 8.5/M (B)

We wanted to let you know that right now, your size is still available
from Zappos.com. You can order the same product again by visiting:

http://www.zappos.com/bin/z/ref/oneyear/p/7177368/cl/1/fkn/sroy/fkv/1665566.html

So now SG is confused. (1) She expected a cake, or maybe some flowers, but instead just got this weird e-mail. Does Zappos think these shoes have already worn out ? (2) Or maybe they think SG has grown another pair of feet? Possibly they want to rub it in that SG has such bizarre taste that a full year later these shoes are nowhere near sold out.

There's only one possible explanation; Zappos is hinting that *I* should buy my boots a birthday present. What on Earth does one buy boots that already have everything? Except maybe some friends.



I know, I know.
I'm just too nice to my shoes.



1) Yes, now.
2) and if so, that she would then order the exact same pair?

5 comments:

Marinka said...

You know, I bought a very similar pair of boots last year from Zappos, and have not gotten any email commemorating it. How do you think that makes me feel? (hint: great).

allison strine said...

Okay, THAT is a riot! Zappo's clearly likes you way better than me. Although, I hope you (don't) think I'm bragging when I tell you that I received a HAND WRITTEN thank you card from Susie Customer Service after buying my boots. They love me, they really love me!

Anonymous said...

Boots & boobs make the woman.

Go get em.....

peace
#2

I'm Julie said...

Geez.

No one has ever wished my sneakers a happy birthday. Not even me.

I'd better go make them a dark chocolate cake.

dpaste said...

That's just B to the Zarre.