Thursday, May 15, 2008

Quirky? Moi?

The Jet Set Girls tagged me for this little game (1)

1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules in your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.

Quirks? You came to the right place, girls!

1) I read magazines back to front. It makes them kind of confusing and I have no idea why I do it, but I can't stop. Maybe I'm concerned how it ends.

2) You know when Tyra on ANTM says something like " You have to be ugly, but pretty- ugly / You have to look at the sky without actually using your eyes / You need to be slutty without being all hoochie mama about it?" I have no clue what any of that means. I have a BS from Northwestern University and a law degree from Wake Forest and I'm not smart enough to be America's next top model.

3) I'm terrified of bears but obsessed with seeing one on my upcoming Alaska trip.

4) Speaking of Alaska, anytime I see a vehicle with an Alaska plate, I feel compelled to stop the driver and ask them how the car got from Alaska to DC. Like I'm Rand McNally or something.

5) Other irrational obsessions : listening to XM channel 153 ~ the Canadian comedy channel (2) , pricing out xyron machines (3) and checking the parking situation at National Airport. (4)

6) ShallowGal can't walk past a hotel housekeeping cart without scoping out the mini-shampoo bottle situation. PCSguy knows he better not come home from a W Hotel without a suitcase full of Bliss . They sell all that stuff at Sephora but ShallowGal likes her toiletries in little containers.

So there you have it. Anyone else notice it's a fine line between quirky and OCD? Make me feel better, share a few of your unspectacular quirks in the comment area.


1) Like a month ago. I've been busy.
2) Sometimes I feel like they're trying to pick a fight.
3) Which I don't need and wouldn't use.
4) Plenty of space available right now in the daily lot.

2 comments:

Stimey said...

Okay, I don't have any quirks for you here, because I overshare them over at my blog, BUT I do have an answer to you for #4.

I lived in Alaska for a year, then drove my car (with its Alaska plates) here to DC with a 22 month old and a 2 month old. It was less than awesome.

country mouse said...

The back-to-front magazine thing? Me too : ) I actually don't like reading magazines (does that make me unAmerican?) but when I do, it's backwards. Same with catalogues. Has something to do with being less overwhelming. Is it considered quirky that I get 'overwhelmed' by a catalogue? I'd better stop--instead of 'quirky' I'm beginning to sound, oh, I don't know--kooky?

p.s. my daughter does the backwards magazine thing too. The quirky fruit doesn't fall far from the quirky tree . . . .