Friday, May 2, 2008

ShallowGal's life with a much older man

True Story: The kids and I used to have lunch at this local Chinese buffet every single week (1) Noa loves her some Chinese food. True story within a true story: Noa once told me that when she grew up she was going to be a Chinese lady.

Between his travel schedule and his food snobbishness, PCSguy was rarely invited. One year we all went on Christmas eve (2). The owner asked me who that man was and I told her. She turned to the waiter and said something in Chinese and then told me they had a bet; was PCSguy my husband or my father. Why did I marry a man who was so much older, they wanted to know.

So anyway. Now I'm married to a man who is a full decade my senior. Look what ShallowGal made for her sugar daddy:


Eli got a little carried away decorating


Yes you counted right. THREE layers in this cake baby !

ShallowGal has heard tell of women who use mixes and canned frosting. Or even buy pre-made cakes. Obviously they do not love their PCSguy the way I love mine.(3)

You know how ShallowGal has been all contemplate-y about dying? Let's examine a partial list(4) of things that went into this cake and see if heart disease is on her list of worries:
  • 4 eggs
  • a full cup of butter
  • a cup of heavy cream
  • a cup of half and half
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 3 cups of confectioner sugar.
When ShallowGal said she contemplated PCSguy's mortality she should specify that she has thought about life without him, not actually planned his death by CAKE (in this case: Cardiac Artery Klogger Extraordinary)

But trust me. That would be the way to go.


1) Mostly because it was easy and convenient but also cause Jake and Noa were half price and Eli was free. Lunch for 4 with tip was $15.
2) Chinese food being the official Christmas meal of Jews worldwide.
3) Wouldn't it be funny if I were really like that?
4) Did you notice that SG seems to really prefer 'partial lists." It's the lawyer in her.

6 comments:

First Time Dad said...

Does this define death my chocolate?

vuboq said...

Mmm. Cake. I hope you didn't leave it out in the rain.

Anonymous said...

It continues to amaze me that I got such a hot, smart young chick to marry me. It apparently also amazes other people. Not surprising.

Secondly. Damn -- that was some good cake. Noa asked for some for breakfast. After SG declined this reqeust, my only thought was "why didn't I think of that?"

Thanks for a great birthday, SG. And beware, your 40th is coming. In 11 years.

country mouse said...

vuboq--I'd tell you I'm ROTFLMAO but then it would look like I'm sooooooo old that I get your reference. I'm not. I'm only laughing because I'm sure it must be funny . . . .

So, ummmm, shallow gal? Turns out you're a jewish lawyer? So if you and I are sisters--and we absolutely must be--I guess that means you're the *good* sister who went to college and made something of herself and has a degree and a life and all that kind of good crap and I'm the screw-up sister who got pregnant right out of high school (or thereabouts) and married quickly and only has a "degree" from a community college (that's in *geology* for heaven's sake--for all the good it does me) and works at an entry level job to support her beer swillin', monster truck race addendin' husband*? Damn. I got the short end of THAT stick . .
(okay--maybe he's not a drinker and works very, very hard--but it sounds better the other way : )

Anonymous said...

Jeez. Are you really ten (eleven?) years younger than PCSguy? Truth. Please. Inquiring minds need to know.

Anonymous said...

so enjoying your blog. the cake looks delicious. happy birthday to your husband!

gayle